Waldorf doll "Holly"

I have loved the opportunity to get stuck into creating a new doll over the last few days.  I have not had a chance since Christmas.

I think people are ment to be creative.  Wether it be sewing, crafting, knitting, building, painting, gardening, cooking or whatever else takes your fancy.  All of them can be an outlet for creativity and it's a really valuable thing to take time for in your life.


It's been fun to be able to have a play with making my own pattern and also try button joints.  I'm not totally happy with the pattern yet but I think she will be quite sweet anyway.  


I think her shoulders need to be a little higher? Or a different shape? Same with her hips.  I'm not quite sure yet...


Hope your managing to keep cool! 

Xx

6 comments

  1. I agree with you 100%. We are meant to be creative. Holly is lovely, it must take many hours to make a doll like her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! yes Sherri, it does. Many hours! The hair alone is about 4 hrs of solid work. There is alot of hand stitching in her which is always slow but I think that adds to their beauty. :)

      xx

      Delete
  2. beautiful dolls, agree whole heartedly about being creative, not meant to be idle
    not too bad with the heat until i have a hot flush lol
    hope you had a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emma, your dolls are just lovely and such a lot of work. It has been in the mid to high twenties here so nice and mild in SE Qld. Brisbane is always a few degrees hotter than us as we are on the top of a range. Anything over 30C is too hot for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you, I'm not designed for the heat, I melt! Sometimes we play with the idea of moving to a cool climate but I'm not designed for the cold either!! ;) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for visiting me here in my little corner of the big wide web. I really appreciate your comments, and love to read each and every one of them. I will always endevour to reply, but occasionally I run out of time. But please know they mean alot to me! If something resonates with you feel free to "Like" and "share", its nice to know I'm not talking to myself. Ha!

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top