Community garden

Friday, 6 February 2015

This moment.....

A single moment from the day that makes me smile and warms my heart.  A moment that reminds me what staying at home and being a homemaker is all about for me and why I do it.  

I'm sitting here in the lounge on my favourite rocking chair with a hot cuppa.  The lounge is littered with toys, the kitchen remains untouched from the morning routine.  The boys are playing quietly and independently but come togeather for a few moments before going back to their own game.  I'm watching Henry gently and thoughtfully tap the keys and listen to the sounds on this mini xylophone, creating patterns and rhythms.  He is deliberately listening and tapping keys in groups of three.  

It's a bitter sweet moment as I realise he is growing so fast and is now firmly into toddlerhood.  How did we get here so fast?  We have so much fun ahead of us, but it is clear my baby has grown.  I am greatful and so blessed but it's a firm reminder that Im quite possibly nearing the end of the chapter of being at home with cheeky toddlers and sweet babies.  I thank God for the blessing of motherhood and the privledge of having these sweet babies in my care.  It's not easy, it often pushes me to my physical and emotional limits but in my heart of hearts I wouldn't change a thing and worth every moment of giving up my career.     ❤️💛💙💜💚


4 comments:

  1. agree wholeheartedly! enjoy them while you can, as they DO grow up so fast
    lovely post of a quiet time
    thanx for sharing
    have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You too - I hope your managing to keep cool!

      xx

      Delete
  2. I have so enjoyes reading this, I almost shed a tear or two :) this is ablosutely the most beautiful time of my life too, being at home with small children and I try to catch every moment of it and breath it in, and enjoy, be nice mum to them so they have happy memories of their childhood. Not much is happening on a work front for me at the moment, but I look at it positively. I will look for a part time job this year and once they both enter school, I might extend my working hours to suit their school schedule. I am not giving up on work, as I spent sooo much time getting my degrees and experience, and I do enjoy my work too, I found my passion and I am keen to return back to work at some stage, a bit later. For now it is all about children, I can barely open my eyes in the morning because I am so sleep deprived, and I spend all days either doing house work or playing with children. Everything has got its time. Now it is time of me being a home maker and a 100% mother. Later, when they will not need me 24/7, I would be happy to do other things. But for now I totally enjoy what I have now, because it will not last! The thought that my baby is turning ONE in few months, terrifies me, honestly... It seems to me he was just born recently... Time flies, catch every minute of it, especially with these angels at home. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have gone back to work as a Registered Nurse after two of my babies. And I enjoyed it when I did. But I feel my passion from my nursing has gone to a degree, though holistic health is still something I feel passionately about.

      It was an extremely difficult decision to completely give it in. One made through much prayer and trust that God has a different plan for my life now. I may one day go back to paid work, I may not. But the ship for nursing has sailed. It is a decision that many people find hard to understand, to be honest I have not EXACTLY told my parents yet. Trying to live your life by the will of God is not something that everyone gets, and so far I have copped alot of flack for giving in my profession. I understand, the people who love me are simply trying to protect me. I guess that's where faith comes in.

      Time does fly doesn't it? Some times it feels like it is crawling but then when you look back you see it infact is not!

      xx

      Delete

Thankyou so much for visiting me here in my little corner of the big wide web. I really appreciate your comments, and love to read each and every one of them. I will always endevour to reply, but occasionally I run out of time. But please know they mean alot to me! If something resonates with you feel free to "Like" and "share", its nice to know I'm not talking to myself. Ha!