Community garden

Tuesday, 17 February 2015

Henry...

Today will be a quiet home day.  I have healing chicken broth simmering, I might make some egg custard for dessert and perhaps some quick baking.....

Henry is much better, he is still having Ventolin 2-4hrly and is on steroids to help open his airways but his chest is much more relaxed, and his breathing gentler.  The poor fella is feeling quite angry and agitated because of all the medication but I'm so happy to see him breathing better.  It never gets easier when you watch your child struggle for breath.  I will never get used to it, despite being here many, many times before.  Every time I give thanks to the fact I am a mama in Australia, with access to good medications and health care.  We are so very fortunate.

We were meant to hold our little bible study group last night, but we didn't do the study part, I was too tired from the night before.  They just came around for a quick cuppa and a chat.  Then a little later on a couple of friends from church came around with a lasagna for our family and some chocolate.  I love these people, a reminder that family can take so many different forms.  How did we get so lucky?


xx    

6 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear that Henry is beginning to feel better. I do not know how mothers in countries with poor or no health care manage.
    If you can take a nap or at least put your feet up,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou, I ended up having a lovely day pottering about slowly. Henry had some good time in the afternoon where his breathing was fantastic. He was a little tight in the chest by bed but he had a good solid sleep and looks cheerful this morning, walking around bossing everyone. ;)

      My heart breaks for those Mamas....just too awful....

      xx

      Delete
  2. get well soon henry! glad he is at least feeling a little better.
    yes, try to put your feet up too when you can, i know how stressed out us mums can get with sick littlies
    hope you day gets better

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou.

      Yes I am a mess when its breathing involved. Im so happy he is on the mend.

      xx

      Delete
  3. That's no good having a sick child, Emma. Hopefully he will be up and running around soon. Just rest when you can...if that is possible :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chel,

      we ended up having a restful night which was was lovely.

      xx

      Delete

Thankyou so much for visiting me here in my little corner of the big wide web. I really appreciate your comments, and love to read each and every one of them. I will always endevour to reply, but occasionally I run out of time. But please know they mean alot to me! If something resonates with you feel free to "Like" and "share", its nice to know I'm not talking to myself. Ha!