when life feels uncertain

I'm going to be honest, life feels a little messy and uncertain at the moment.

The cottage is coming along really well and we hope to begin to start the process of putting it on the market in a couple of weeks.  It has been a while since I have shared photos so I will do a big catch up post on all of that shortly with stacks of before and after photos, because that is always fun!

The cottage is such a comfortable place to live now, I even have an indoor laundry!  It has the perfect amount of space for our family.  I'm not going to lie, I'm more then a little apprehensive about our big move to the farm.  I know once we have the yurts built and well set up things will be just fine, but its the period of getting to that point that I find keeps playing on my mind.  The move, the prolonged period of camping in our little van in the sub-tropics while we wait for the yurt to arrive and then the actual process of setting it up.  I worry about the financial cost of the entire process....and last but not least - how am I going to do our washing?!

Our local river.  A nice place to stop off at on a walk.  

As these thoughts churn in my mind they have the power to tip me to a pint of anxiety about the entire process.  People on the whole are not good at change because change = risk.  From an evolutionary point of view risk can be a bad thing.

This move is risky for our family, will we be happy?  Will we be able to make a go of farming.  Will the yurts make a comfortable home?  Will we be able to find the necessary finances to set it all up?  Will the children be happy?  Will we be welcomed into our new community?  Will we be able to find work?  Will our children be happy in their new school?  Will they even get a place in the school we want?

I don't know the answers to any of these questions.

But I do know this, most problems we face in life have a solution, even if its not one we particularly like.

Ronnie, our beautiful boarder collie

So for now, I'm embracing a 15 minute daily morning walk, just me and the dog while listening to music, or podcasts.  It's well documented that mild-moderate exercise can, in some people offer a similar benefit as antidepressants.  It releases all kinds of helpful endorphins and gives me a positive start to the day.  I'm journaling away my anxieties about what the next few months holds and taking a moment to look for beauty in each day and I'm setting small and achievable goals which provide me a framework to move forward despite my anxiety.  I'm also reminding myself daily that we don't need to carry the mountain, we only need to climb it.

What do you do in times of stress or anxiety?

Much love,
Emma




 




Powered by Blogger.