weekend reads

Welcome to the weekend dear readers!  May you all spend some time doing something you love.  Our weekend will be spent mostly at home, renovating and what not.  We have friends for lunch today and the old oven is pre-heating to bake a fresh loaf of sourdough to have with pumpkin soup for lunch.  I may just whip up a batch of chocolate brownies for dessert as they are the one thing I can bake which is no fail in my old 1930's oven without her trying to sabotage me.  Which she does on a regular basis.  Any time I try to rush her, or don't pay her enough attention, she's a fickle old lady!

Fickle but oh so beautiful- her saving grace really!  Pre-heating to put bake sourdough in about 10 mins.  

A fun little time lapse.  Let me know if it works for you.  Bare feet in the kitchen, home made pizza, red wine, John Butler Trio on a Friday night at home with my family - BLISS! 



Foxs lane
A blog I have just stumbled from and her photography is just lovely.  She has inspired me to pull out my big camera and have a play again.  She also has a beautiful Instagram feed if that's your thing.

What can you learn from a 17th century town.
YouTube link on a little historical town, building methos and what not.  Really interesting stuff.

Making mindfulness simple again
Slow home Podcast.  This was an oldie as the Slow home poggie has just been doing a giant book tour but its a goodie.

Frugal instant meals when you dont want to cook.
Because real life.  Sometimes the aim is simply to feed the little monsters and put them to bed ASAP, hoping they will wake up as the children we know and love so dearly.  Not to say we don't love our children when they are tantruming and over tired and grumpy.  But sometimes we just want to end the day as quickly and smoothly as possible.

Gully Grove
I was cheering when I read Chris from Gully Grove finally got some rain!  She has been documenting the drought well, which must be a difficult thing to do.  I love her gentle philosophy of living along side the wildlife, and that her home is theirs too.  Even when the kangaroos eat her garden.

I hope you all have a great weekend.
Much love,
Emma
xx
Powered by Blogger.