Photo Friday!

Today I thought I would simply share some random happy snaps of us messing about here at the little old cottage.

The boys are here first thing on a warm summers morning picking and eating mandarins, straight from the tree.  This was a small moment but a huge one for me.  It was a moment of pure joy, and they searched through the over grown tree for the best mandarins together and ate them, sweet and juicy.  This is what its about.  The simple joys!




The boys sometimes go and play in the van when there is dusty work going on inside.  Its like a grand cubby to them at the moment!  Ronnie sits guarding them.  A boy and his dog!

A little craft we did a while ago.  There are many "fairy gardens" for girls but this one is a dinosaur garden.  They boys love it, and I admit, its pretty cool.  It usually lives on our kitchen table but we have a Christmas decorations there now.  Its happy in the heat outside.  

The neighbor,  the boys are training him to eat out of their hands.  They love it, though Ronnie the boarder collie is quite disgusted at this development, he does his hardest to deter him but the sheep has called his bluff and takes zero notice of him.  He has decided the food is worth it.


Tessa the lab has made the cool floor of my outdoor laundry her home.  

Ronnie chilling out under the almond tree.

This gnarled old perrper tree is an amazing climbing tree, except the bees love it too at this time of year!



Looking towards the back of the cottage.  I cant wait until we get stuck into the gardens and green this place up.  Establishing the veggie patch will be first priority, pruning the fruit trees and a small patch of lawn near the house will be the first push on it before we get stuck into the kitchen and the second bedroom.  

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

Much Love,
Emma
xx

12 comments

  1. Lovely post Emma...try and stay cool. Those hot summer temperatures is one thing I won't miss in our move to Warrnambool as we are right on the coast and have cooling sea breezes.....Mind you Winter will be a different story!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how I dream of cool sea breezes! Looking forward to these public holidays to take the boys to the beach to chill out in this heat. We have been living inside the last few days.

      I hope you have a wonderful time in Warrambool with your daughter, you might need a wood fire to keep you cozy in the gusty sea winters!

      xx

      Delete
  2. So many possibilities to look forward to, but also many moments just to be enjoyed now. Won't your boys look back on these pictures as men, and think, I remember eating from that mandarin tree! They won't believe they were ever that small though. My, how the years fly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so - that's the whole reason to have this blog, to journal for them and for us to look back on. :) Even reflecting on the past year has been lovely!

      xx

      Delete
  3. Geez, I would LOVE a mandarin tree that size! Mine is just a miniature, and whilst it does produce full size fruit...it doesn't produce much of it.
    Stay cool in that ridiculous heat you guys are having :)
    Cassandra xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm curious to see how it goes next season after a good prune, feed and a proper watering regime. The fruit as neglected as it is, is still lovely and sweet, though quite small. :)

      xx

      Delete
  4. Some really beautiful established trees there on your block. Wow, I would buy a property just for those trees! I love the sound of your future plans and you will appreciate every little milestone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was half the reason we bought the block - over half in fact. Only a gardener would understand!! I had people say "don't buy a property because of the trees" and I was like "Are you crazy?! Do you know how long it takes to grow fully established fruit trees?!" haha! Was so exciting to work out what they all are. Though the fruit this year is pretty poor qulity and most of it dropped in the storms. Except grapefruit.....I just cant feel the love for them! typical. ;)

      xx

      Delete
  5. I remember my babes eating juicy mandarins straight off the tree when we lived in central Aus. What a joy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emma, it looks so dry down there. I saw on the news it is going to be 44C tomorrow before a cooler change moves through. I hope you are coping alright with the dreadful heat. We are about 20 degrees cooler here at present.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is dry. ;) We get about 400ml/year of rain but our summers are usually hot and dry.

      Also the lady who used to live here was 100years old and everything but the fruit trees are pretty much long gone, oh and a few bulbs and geraniums near the house. Though she was an avid gardener in her day I understand! I look forward to getting this place as productive as it would have been once upon a time. It will green up nicely with some TLC don't worry! We are in prime farmland here. :)

      xx

      Delete

Thankyou so much for visiting me here in my little corner of the big wide web. I really appreciate your comments, and love to read each and every one of them. I will always endevour to reply, but occasionally I run out of time. But please know they mean alot to me! If something resonates with you feel free to "Like" and "share", its nice to know I'm not talking to myself. Ha!

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top