Weekend reads and a drama

 Goodness.  What a messy week it has been.  I’m so very glad its Friday.




After we picked up the Aga, everyone was tired and run down so the boys stayed home on Monday.  All was well on Tuesday and they were feeling much better in themselves. 

But on Wednesday Aggie was in the yard with us as usual and she went missing.  We spent hours and hours looking and calling for her with no luck.  Cue the tears from everyone.  We hoped that she would return once the sun was up and overnight we called out every hour hoping our voices would guide her home.  I posted her photo on all the local Facebook pages, I rang the vets, Grant even stayed home from work and we cut open old farm tracks and hit the bush to look for her.  We called and called until our voices were hoarse.

By 7pm, over 24hrs later we had no sign or word and we presumed the worst. 

We prepared the boys for the fact our little Scottish Terrier would probably not be coming home knowing she had to contend with big wild dogs, poison bait stations, snakes and goodness knows what else.  We hugged the boys who and reassured them that Aggie missing was no one's fault.  Sometimes really sad things just happen in life.   

And then we heard a ute come up the drive.

A farmer from way down the hill and across the road had found her!  We were stunned, and thrilled.  She was filthy, smelly, hungry and thirsty but otherwise totally fine.

We feel like we have won the lotto.

Aggie home safe, filthy and smelly but safe and sound.  She had a long, warm bath after this!  


So, whilst the last couple of weeks I have struggled in myself, this week I have been reminded of what really matters.

I saw my husband choose to stay home with his family to support us when we were on the verge of falling apart.  He knew I had been struggling the past week or two and that the loss of my beloved little black dog might be the thing that broke me in this move.  I saw him pick us up, dust us off and help us regain our balance on our hardest day here yet.  I was reminded of his love for us all, his dedication to our family and that we are going to be ok despite the challenges.  My love for him deepened, my perspective renewed. 

All that matters is that we are together, and together we will build our new home here.  We will cook and eat together, plant our garden, create and learn.  Together.  It is messy, slow and imperfect.  There is not enough money, and more mud then I ever imagined.  Sometimes we will stumble, and things will go wrong.  But together we are stronger, little black dogs and all.  

This weekend may you give your pets an extra cuddle.  May you ignore the mess in your homes and instead see the beauty that exists right there within it.  The beauty is not in a shop to be obtained, nor in a perfectly styled magazine.  It is in the people, the relationships and the animals that make up the very fibre of our days.

Much love,
Emma
xx                


All I've ever known
YouTube clip.  so interesting!

5 places to declutter that arn't the bin.
Always helpful to consider.

womens work?
A thought provoking article.

simple mindful methods to deal with tirdness lonliness and stress
Quite apt this week for me!

Starting a garden from Jembella Farm
I love this encouraging post from Sally,  Such good, practical advice!



Powered by Blogger.