Build it up, build it up, build it higher!

Apologies for my silence last week.  I was not feeling well, and my head was a cloudy jumble.  But I'm feeling much better now thankfully and back ready to keep on blogging.  

 
But whilst I might have been out of action, the boys have been in fine form and we have some serious yurt progress!  The deck is well on the way to being completed.  


The boys, especially William have been a fantastic help.  The yellow tongue board should be laid on the deck frame this coming weekend and if all continues to go well the yurt should be going up the weekend after.  Not a moment too soon either.  We had an unexpected cold snap on Sunday night which resulted in us scrabbling to the storage unit for all of our winter things. Goodness it was icy on Monday morning, much to our dismay!  
 

Grant has been looking at the Aga flue and metal plate fitting for the yurt, we need to order some pieces to make sure it all fits.  We have already decided our first meal in it – Home made, wood oven sour dough pizzas and a super decadent chocolate cake.  What complete bliss!  Sundays cold snap gave us a sense of urgency, as Mother Nature reminded us that the seasons are indeed changing if we were ready or not.  

Well just a quick post today, I have the second half of the writing workshop with Rhonda on Saturday and I need to work on my piece.  Next blog post I shall update you on our Year Of Less which is going better than I could have ever expected, or dreamed of.  These boys of mine melt my heart at times, but that is a story for next time.     

Much love,
Emma

xx   



Powered by Blogger.