Weekend Reads

NOTE:  Thank you to all of you who leave comments, they really mean a lot and help me gauge what people are engaging with.  I may be a little slower than usual at replying at the moment due to the whole off-grid thing and internet access is often limited to day time hours when the sun is shining and the solar battery is charged.  

Well, it seems the rain that is well overdue is finally beginning to hit us here.  There have been varying amounts of rain on the farm over the last three days which is absolutely wonderful.  We are managing to stay nice and dry with our camping set up which is fortuante.  No leaking tents!   (Always a bonus.)

Remember when I had an actual kitchen?.....*sigh*


This weekend I'm not sure exactly about our plans.  There is a dog bed to build out of recycled timber for old Tessa with a ramp to help her climb in.  The nights have been cool recently and she needs a big bed to stretch out in and also designed so we can help her up from if need be.  The old girl is in her twilight years and arthritis has settled into her old joints.  

There may be holes for the posts for the deck of the yurt dug, though we will see how that goes.  Our beautiful neighbours have kindly offered to lend us their brand new post hole digger and tractor which will make light work of it.  Though it did not arrive with their tractor as of yesterday.  Today is the day we will know about that for sure.

There are some other basic jobs that need finishing otherwise, there is certainly always something to do.  Like running water, can you imagine?

Aside from Wednesday's menu plan, the only things I have bought this week are:
$10 of pure wool vintage blankets from the op-shop for dog bedding. x3 big blankets and a little for Aggie.
$6 long pink cotton knit jumper for me which will be perfect with leggings and boots in Autumn (Op-shop)
$1.50 whisk.  This was new but I looked in about 6 op-shops first and gave up, I want lump-free gravy and pancakes.  It's a small price to pay.  My whisk is in storage.

Well just a brief post today, I hope you all have a lovely weekend!  I'll be sure to take lots of photos to share for next week.

Much love,
Em
xx

P.S. I noticed today my blog has clicked over 400000 hits, so thanks for visiting!

P.P.S.  Is there anything you would like to read about?  Is there any reader questions?  If there anything you would particularly like to see?  Please do let me know if there is, and I shall arrange it!  (The joy of being your own boss eh?)


Hugo and Elsa
I stumbled across this lovely blog this weekend, well worth a poke about!

Moving to Ireland - Cottage Restoration, Self-sufficiency and Sustainable Living
YouTube, this is an Irish fellow's channel who is building his off-grid self sufficient life.  I think his vlog will be more slowly paced perhaps but also I see a realness in him.  

A chicken coop - Doug & Stacy
Also a YouTube clip.  These guys love their off-grid life and share all kinds of interesting things.

The Winding Narrative: The Perfect Time to write
An encouraging post for my fellow blogging/writing friends out there.  Sometimes finding the words to tell the story that is inside of us can be so hard, can't it?

Design For Man Kind 
For the parents in the midst of raising little people.  
Powered by Blogger.