Community garden

Wednesday, 25 May 2016

A wintery beach holiday.

We have just come back from a much needed break to a beautiful little rural costal town called Marion Bay on the York Peninsula.

Goodness it was a good break.  We explored beaches and rock pools, caught tiny crabs,
went finishing, relaxed, talked, played games and the 5 nights just passed us by.  With no schedule to hold, no time tables to fill and no ones expectations on us to do anything other then just be.  It was just beautiful.  I love the beach in wintertime.

Winter time is actually a nice time to go on holidays I think, its so much cheaper for accommodation, life is generally quieter and there are lots of lovely homes with cozy wood fires to snuggle up near.  I find them a very relaxing time away. 

Here are some photos of the trip, when did my boys get so big? 

Much love,
Emma 













8 comments:

  1. beautiful family :)

    cheers Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! They are pretty sweet, if I do say so myself. ;)

      cc

      Delete
  2. I didn't know there was a Beachport on Yorke peninsula - are you not talking about Beachport near Robe?

    We are heading to Robe tomorrow ourselves, for a late-autumn family getaway.

    Looks like you all had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, I wasn't thinking straight, I ment Marion Bay!

      I hope you enjoy your holiday. :)

      xx

      Delete
  3. Looks like you all had a wonderful time, beach play in the cold is still lots of fun,my son would play in the surf and on the sand until his mouth was blue ! Then I would put him in the deep laundry tub (old amenities block of local camp ground) of warm water until he warmed up so we could buy hot potato scollops and go play in the playground nearby....good fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh, sounds like a wonderful memory! I tried to keep the boys relatively dry this time around as they were suffering various colds and asthma, but there is something so wild and invigorating about wintery beach weather!
      xx

      Delete
  4. We had 4 days over on the YP back in February and we'll definitely be going back for more exploring and beach camping. The Ethel wreck was hardly visible when we were there, the rough seas must have uncovered her...

    Cheers - Joolzxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, we will certainly be coming back, though next time with the van and camp at a national park, there were a few nice places we explored which would be suitable for the kids. Who knows we might cross paths. ;)
      xx

      Delete

Thankyou so much for visiting me here in my little corner of the big wide web. I really appreciate your comments, and love to read each and every one of them. I will always endevour to reply, but occasionally I run out of time. But please know they mean alot to me! If something resonates with you feel free to "Like" and "share", its nice to know I'm not talking to myself. Ha!