weekend reads and a thing I did.

I did a thing, and it is pretty cool.

Sitting down and reading all the wonderful articles over breakfast. 


Sally from Jembella farm has been encouraging me to submit an article to Grass Roots magazine for a little while, as she is a regular contributor.  After the guidance I received in Rhonda Hetzel's writing workshop, I finally submitted my first article and it has just been released.  So technically, I'm now a published writer.  See?  Totally cool.

I gotta say it feels pretty great.  I proposed a follow along series to Grass Roots which they were happy with, so I hope to send them regular updates of our off-grid progress here on the farm.  I don't buy many magazines, but Grass Roots is a great Australian magazine about sustainability and self-reliance that has been in print since the early '70s.  It's full of interesting articles, tips, projects, and recipes.  They have kept a similar format through the years, holding true to their core values but this edition is their first moving into colour printing, which is a new and exciting chapter for them.  Sally from Jembella Farm is also in there with a wonderful article on Natural Farming Remedies.

Treading My Own Path: Stop Feeling Guilty
I think this article ties in with my blog post earlier this week.

My Abundant Life: Prepping for winter illnesses
A short and simple reminder now that the cold and flu season is upon us here in Australia.  For our family I use a natural chest rub, ensure I have childrens panadol in the fridge and spare Ventolin on hand for my asthmatic children and chicken broth in the freezer. 

Artist as Family: Teaching neopeasant lifeways
I just love this little family doing amazing things on a suburban block.  And their beautiful photos remind me that I really dream of owning a pasta roller.

Good Life Permaculture
I have been following Hannah Moloney on Instagram for a while and was stoked when she became a guest presenter on Gardening Australia.  Somehow I managed to miss the fact she has a blog, and its full of awesome information.

You Tube: Rob Greenfield
Rob is a really interesting fellow who does huge challenges.  He is currently doing a challenge of growing and foraging 100% of his own food for a year - but there is a catch, he lives in the suburbs in a tiny house he built and barters rent for gardening.  He does these huge challenges not to get other people to do exactly what he is doing, but instead to stimulate conversation.

I hope you enjoy this weekends links and reads, I had better be off and get this yurt into some kind of shape!  There are floors to sweep and mop, washing to fold, dinner to prep and some yard work to do.

Much love,
Emma
xx

Powered by Blogger.