blog maintenance

I have been doing a little blog maintenance, so if you have come over the last couple of days and things have been changing or missing I apologize.  I think I have it up and running now, if you see any glitches or elements missing do let me know and I will en-devour to fix them!

Gus is so happy to be able to go to the beach now his cast is off, and swimming is the perfect activity to strengthen it.  




Our move is quickly approaching, we have a move date now of around the 17th of January.  Although there is plenty of work to be done it is so important for the boys we maintain some sort of normality.  It is more important then ever for us to slow down and focus on being present.  Grant and I can work pretty fast as a packing team and things like the kitchen dresser have been packed up and sold a while back, the piano has moved to his parents in storage until a later date.  The sheds have been cleared out with just one more afternoon of work and then we will get cracking on the house.  I'm so glad I have embraced simple living and a "less is more" mindset, when I look around our home there is very little we need to de-clutter.  There is not really all that much we need to pack up, and much of it is used regularly.  A few days of solid, hard work and we should be about right.

In other moving plans, Aggie is booked to get clipped next week to hep her stay cool and prickle free on the farm as she does not cope well with heat with her thick double coat.  Ronnie the boarder collie on the other hand does just fine.  We are leaving his coat long for now, as he is far more patient when it comes to needing to check for prickles and the likes then Aggie.  We have researched up about ticks and will nip into the shops to buy the required preventative medicine on our way up to the farm.

Work is coming along for Grant, he has three possible avenues now firming up, all various trucking jobs in the district.  Hopefully one of them is a goer as it will be a relief to lock that in.  I have been contemplating going back to nursing for financial reasons, this farm is going to cost ALOT to set up.  Though depending on his work I don't quite know how I could manage shift work around his possibly unpredictable hours.  I continue to toss up the value of me going back to work with the cost of before/after school care/fuel/convenience items/added pressure on us with time constraints vs staying at home.

It's going to be an interesting final trip, with three children, three dogs, two cats and Squirtle the turtle all packed into the Landcruiser.  Madness I tell you!  But no doubt it will make for a hilarious story one day.

We have been in contact with Telstra in regards to internet on the farm, and they are in the process of working it all out for us, so hopefully that will happen within a  relatively decent time frame.  I think we will be eligible for satellite internet?  But I do apologize in advance if posts become a little sporadic over the next few weeks.  I will try to keep checking in regularly though with bits of news, stories and and the very least photos of what we are all up too though!

Much love,
Emma
xx







Powered by Blogger.