Weekend reads

This week has been full, appointments, school concerts, kindy art shows, jobs, and various other coming and goings.  But somewhere in there I made a Facebook page.  If Facebook is a platform you use and would like to join me there you are most welcome!  It will be a place I link to the blog as I write new posts, as I know not all people have a blog list which automatically updates like mine.  (My blog list is huge, though only the 10 who have most recently posted are shown in my sidebar. They automatically rotate up or my list would go on forever.) I will also link little snippets of our days and various interesting articles from other bloggers and sites there I feel are relevant to the topic of living a slower more mindful life.

I have read, and noticed things have a slowed in the blogging world as many people favor Instagram at the moment, but there are many small time bloggers who find the ever shifting and changing algorithms of Instagram baffling.  There remains a wealth of knowledge, encouragement and beauty in the blogging world.  I hope this new Facebook page will give me a chance to support and share other bloggers valuable work and help my blogging colleges get their important work out there. 



A Simple Living Facebook page

The Minimalists - 1 in 10 out rule
We all need to consume things.  But when we are decluttering and simplifying it can feel like one step forward and two steps back.  I loved this concept.

A Ted talk on what makes a good life, based on an amazing long term study by Harvard.  HERE

A local family who has done the big shift to tiny living, read about them HERE  
and on Facebook HERE

A gorgeous American couple who live in a beautiful Yurt.  Watch them on You Tube HERE

This is the company who we have just ordered our first 30ft yurt from, we will later be adding a 20ft or 24ft one which we will convert into bedrooms for the boys.  They show the construction process which is really interesting to see.  Check it out on you tube at Pacific Yurts

Well it is a long weekend here and the sun is shining.  May you have the most wonderful weekend and are able to sit and enjoy some time to do the things that fill your tank.  

Much love, 
Emma
xx


Powered by Blogger.