Small, natural and mindful gifts.

I have been listening to a really lovely pod cast recently called "Dispatch to a friend"  HERE The podcast is about two dear friends who write to each other and share the news of their daily lives.  They then read out the letters on the podcast and chat about them in more detail, its a beautiful insight into their friendship.  Listening to it triggers some kind of warm nostalgia for slower times.  They talk about farming, baking cakes, family and a myriad of other topics as it takes their fancy.  It's just the loveliest show to listen too and I highly recommend you check it out.  

The idea of actual letter writing captured my imagination as a result I was inspired to hand write a few letters to dear friends and make a little care package or two, though it seems my letter writing skills need work and my handwriting is as messy as a 10yr old boys, made more apparent by the beautiful paper I was writing upon.  Ugh!

This thought was spurred on by a young friend who sent me a picture of a rainbow he had drawn.  I quickly sewed him up a little Waldorf gnome, blue in his favorite colour along with a little rainbow cape from fabric I found hidden in my stash.  I mixed up my friend a few rollers of essential oil blends I thought she might like, and of course I couldn't ignore her eldest son, so I wrote him a note too.  I didn't think he would be so keen on super gnomes mind you as he is a little older, but I know he will enjoy the oils also.  



This little gnome is made from all natural fibers and stuffed with wool and lentils so he feels good to squeeze.  Perfect to fit in a pocket.  


I have always loved essential oils and usually have them diffusing in the cottage with one blend or another.  I recently bought the most beautiful beginners kit from Young Living Blending up little unique roller blends is just lovely, and makes for a simple and thoughtful gift.  I have made some for Will to help him sleep which he finds helpful, and have made my own uplifting blend as a natural substitute for perfume.

Well that's all for now,
much love,
Emma
xx


Powered by Blogger.