And then....repeat.

Here I sit, nestled in a cafe in the heart of the Barossa.  The cups clattering in the kitchen, the coffee machine letting out an occasional hiss of steam as a fresh coffee is carefully brewed.  The man next to me reads his newspaper, occasionally licking his thumb to grip the pages which rustle as they are turned.

The ladies a table down are deep in conversation, listening carefully to each other.  I can tell their friendship is rich and deep.  We should all be so blessed to know such a relationship.

The sky outside is dull, grey and drizzly.  But it is warm and comforting here, all is well in my little corner of the world.

My mind is so full....I must have tried to type a post for a couple of weeks now but ideas just wouldn’t form.  My mind is jumbled, thoughts fractured with “ifs, buts and maybes”.

We have put and offer on a property which has been accepted, currently contracts are being written up.  265acres near a big centre with everything we could possibly need and more, 45 mins to the coast.  High rainfall, sub tropical.  Truly a beautiful piece of land in an equally beautiful corner of the world.

But suddenly my sense of adventure has gone walk about.  I have lost someone oh so dear to me, and all I want is “home”.  To be near those I know and love.  To sit in comfortable silence.  To sit in a familiar cafe, to be in my community surrounded by my “people”.  To have the warmth of familiarity and security wrap itself around me.

Instead we find ourselves preparing to embark on a move 16 hours away and interstate.  We are navigating legal documents, council approval, house designs, bushfire ratings with the added joy of a super tight cash budget.  

Compromise.

The only solution.

To remember we don’t have to do it all, all at once.  That our life doesn’t have to look like others, for it to be ok, beautiful even.

To breathe slowly and to remember to deal with each single task at hand mindfully.  To take time to breathe, to mourn, to look ahead and to take a little step......and repeat.

Again and again until we have worked through each challenge as we approach it.  For we can really only work on one thing at a time, despite our minds all to often trying to solve allll the problems all at once - which never actually achieves anything apart from stress and a headache.

And just like that, we will be ok.  Yes, there will be hiccups and bumps on the road ahead.  For thats what makes an adventure so!

There will be feelings of sadness and loss to sit with as we leave our lives we know filled with people we love and familiar routines.  There will be feelings of overwhelm as solutions to the challenges we face will seem out of reach.  There will be feelings of joy and excitement about the new in our lives. There will be celebrations as we find a solution to a problem which has been weighing on us.

And then repeat.







Powered by Blogger.