Book week 2018

Book week - a week that either fills parents with joy at making costumes alongside their kids, or with dread for exactly the same reason!  Angus decided to be his favorite Lego Ninja this year, from a book he sleeps with most nights. (Because logically, books make a wonderful snuggly bedtime companion....yes?)  Henry clearly decided to be a lion - There are lots of lions in kids books right?!  I'm going to say from the book "The very cranky bear" which is a favorite here, especially with extra roaring for good effect.  

Angus and I had a great time putting together his costume which consisted of black pants and a $3 black cotton jumper from a clearance rack.  The details I appliqued on with fabric from my stash.  With only just enough sticky iron of stuff.  Apparently I sew like I drive a car, running things down to empty and only just making it in the final hour by a hares breath.  HA!  (Thank goodness for fabric stashes eh?)   

See the sticky iron on stuff to the left of the screen?  That's all that was left at the end. 
(Note to self: Buy more)




I hope you have time to sit down and do a spot of reading yourself this weekend!

Much love,
Emma
xx
Powered by Blogger.