Community garden

Thursday, 13 July 2017

Here & Now

I thought I would try something a little different today and link in with the blog "Say Little Hen" and her invitation to share our HERE & NOW.  If your interested in joining in, follow the link and play along!  Or even if you are wanting to add some more blogs to your readers list, there are some beautiful blogs out there yet to be discovered!

Loving
Lazy winter school holidays! 



Eating
Goden syrup dumplings, I have discovered the most simple and delicious thermomix recipe HERE


Drinking
Coffee, always coffee.  I would like to say Im brewing some special ultra healthy, winter, disease killing potion but I'm completly boring.  Tea, coffee, milk and water here for me, though I did get a scoby from Sally at Jembella Farm, so wish me luck with that!

Feeling
Thankful after a visit with Sally at Jembella Farm for friendships and the oppertunity this blog has given me to meet with new people who are treading a similar simple pathway.  Im thankful the boys and I get to visit a beautiful, ethical farm, to feed sweet baby lambs and for knowledge and wisdom shared.  Experiences over things any day! 

Making
A little knitted scarf and blanket for one of my neices waldorf dolls I made HERE.  I'm working on my knitting after a lesson from a friend the other day.  I can now knit pearl.  Woo hoo!



Thinking
That I need to get on to college and find out what text books I need to order this semester.  Time to get reading and organising. (Where do the holidays go?!  Nooo!)

Dreaming
About our farm to be, always about our farm to be and what it will feel like to finally get there after all these years of hard work.  Hurry up and SELL little shop!

Much love,
Emma
xx

14 comments:

  1. It's so fun to see what you're doing – thanks for sharing your thoughts and photos. Here in Colorado in the US it's been very hot, so it's fun to hear about your winter activities on the other side of the world.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? I love to see other places in deep snow when we are in the middle of a scorching summer - so peaceful! My boys are desperate to go to the snow and experience it. :)

      xx

      Delete
  2. you dream of a farm, I dream of little cottage in the woods with deer in the front yard. I have always wanted to make a waldorf doll. I know what you mean about learning to knit pearl! I too am a beginner. and oh how I long to learn to knit socks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are some woderful sites and tutorials out there! I was exactly the same and then I fell in love with it. I dont make them so often these days but I have made rather alot and sent them around the world which was great fun.

      xx

      Delete
  3. Hello, Emma! Dumplings are one of my favourite things. I usually make them with stews but I shall be tracking down that golden syrup thermomix version and making some in my machine. I think my boy would LOVE them! How lovely that you and your boys get to visit Sally and her farm and feed those adorable lambs of hers. If I lived in South Australia, I'd want to come too! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are seriously the best. I have not added them to stews due to memories of them as a child and my brother making them so hard they bounced! But I have been meaning to try a chicken dumpling stew. One day I will brave it!

      Let me know what you think of the thermie recipe, I legit eat it once a week at the moment.... -_- Which is not helping with my "cuddlyness"

      xx

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on the knitting progress, it is so good to be able to knit simple things to keep everyone warm, scarves, fingerless mitts, beanies, cowls, simple tube socks etc. Ravelry and 'Lion Brand Yarns' have lots of free patterns to download, or you could Google begginer patterns. .....have fun and keep on the lookout for yarn at local op shops, such a cheap way to keep your supply going when you start off .You could also buy some knitwear there, undo it into hanks, tie off in 2 or 3 places, gentl warm soak with woolwash until the kinks relax and hang to dry.
    Keeping fingers crossed for the shop to sell so you can find your dream farm.

    Keep warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Socks, I dream of knitting socks!

      Thankyou for the well wishes and the great beginner knitters tips. :)

      xx

      Delete
  5. Mmmmmm golden syrup dumplings! My mother used to make these in winter and they were the best! I haven't ever been able to find quite the same recipe that she used, but even so, aren't they the most divine and simple comfort foods? They are easily made without a thermix too, although as I recall the recipe does require that most tedious of cooking tasks, rubbing butter into flour.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absoloutly they can be made without a thermie - everything can. :)

      I reckon whipping cream by hand would have to top that in tedious cooking tasks. You have got me thinking now about other tedious cooking tasks! Grating cheese?

      xx

      Delete
  6. It is quite amazing the friendships one can make through blogging, I have made friends all around the world as well as closer to home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats just wonderful isnt it? Its pretty cool when you think about it. :)

      xx

      Delete
  7. Hello Emma! So lovely to discover your blog in this month's Here & Now, thank-you so much for joining in!
    I've really got a craving for golden syrup dumplings now - YUM!
    Your knitting looks great! It's a wonderful craft :-D

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel like our time is spent doing and enjoying very similar things. I read your post and thought 'yep, yep and yep'. I dream of a farm too, but I dont want to give up the beach. I will just have to keep doing my best on my little patch :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for visiting me here in my little corner of the big wide web. I really appreciate your comments, and love to read each and every one of them. I will always endevour to reply, but occasionally I run out of time. But please know they mean alot to me! If something resonates with you feel free to "Like" and "share", its nice to know I'm not talking to myself. Ha!