A day.....

You know those days that start well and go down hill? 

Well yesterday turned out to be one of those.  I had zero patience left by the end of the day.  Infact, I had zero patience left by mid afternoon. 

It was so rediculous I thought I would share my pain with you, my dear readers.  Because there is no use having a painful day with children if you dont then have a good laugh about it with friends.  Also in the aim of keeping it real.  Because if I saw one more calm peaceful family, doing wholesome artistic things, in beautiful gentle light, brewing bloody Kombacha and eating resteraunt style, wholesome snacks on my instagram feed I was going to throw my computer at the wall.  Ha!

Yesterday, was apparently all about the fighting.  Oh my goodness the fighting.  It started off peacefully, and I should have packed them up and taken to them to the beach first thing like I intended.  But I didn't.  I faffed about and did less important things.  You would think now I would know to wear them out by lunch time, wouldn't you?

Don't be fooled by the calm scene....They were simply plotting their next move...

I put on relaxing essential oils, soothing music, turned off all screens, read out oud to them.....No avail.  There was no rescuing the day.

Here are just a couple of the more memorable things I had to say yesterday to prevent the boys from actually killing eachother....

"Henry, we do not hit our brother on the head with a shovel!"  (A big metal one too.....I took it away, and talked to him about the danger, and I would like to say that was the end of that but he found a nother shovel and re-peated it...more then once!  I had visions of my dear sweet boy turning growing into a mass murder...Who does that?!)

"Henry! We do not throw metal cars at people heads!"

"Guys we do not break eachothers creations for fun, it's not OK!" (ensue copious screaming and tears of victim of the creation breaking, mumbled apologies and a truce that lasted not even 5 minutes till round 1372....)

"No, you may not play with your pocket knife today" (Because really, I was not interested in adding a stabbing to the days list of injuries from ferral behaviour.)

"Yes you may play with the hose and fill up the paddle pool."
Not even 5 minutes later....
"Do Not squirt eachother in the face!!!  IF SOMEONE IS SCREAMING AND CRYING IT MEANS THEY ARE NOT HAVING FUN!!!"

This wasn't even the tip of the iceberg of the crappy stuff they did yesterday and by this point I was REALLY losing my cool. 

And then, the topper was William.  Who really did not deserve the outburst, but he hit a well frayed nerve.

I opened the computer to look up a number I needed to book a Dr appointment.  My blog page flashed up and William pondered....
Will - "Mum, you really shouldn't have a picture of your doll on your blog page."
I take the bait....
Me - "why not?"
Will - "Because you don't even sew any more."
Me - ..........................*tries to breathe deeply, fails completly and looses cool*

"THE ONLY REASON I DONT SEW MUCH THESE DAYS IS BECAUSE ALL OF MY SPARE TIME IS SPENT RAISING SMALL, UNGREATFUL CHILDREN, WHO MAKE CONTINUOUS MESS, DON'T LISTEN AND SPEND HALF THEIR TIME TRYING TO KILL EACHOTHER!!!"

By this point I had gone Nuclear.....I had a good old foot stomp, rant and rave.  Im pretty sure the old deaf neighbour could hear me from INSIDE his house.  Ha!

The boys literally ate a big bowl of homemade avocado dip and rice crackers for dinner.  I was done.  But avocado is a super food, so that makes it alright, yes?! 

I would like to say bedtime brought relief but no.......Henry faffed about until 11pm, there goes HIS midday nap.  Little bugger.

Goodness, yesterday was a train wreck of a day.  But today?  Today is a new day.  The rain is falling on the old tin roof, the house is open and the boys are in beautiful, calm, gentle moods.  For now....  ;)

Thankyou God! 

Much love,
Emma
xx






19 comments

  1. I know that feeling. I saw similar stuff with my son yesterday.

    Then, I realised it's a full moon. So be gentle with yourself. We all go a bit crazy when it's a full moon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont know what it was yesterday, but today they are lovely! Go figure!

      xx

      Delete
  2. Oh dear! Not going to lie, the shovel made me chuckle. Hopefully today, your nerves have mended.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It made Grant chuckle too, and our friends when I told some of them. And the Dr I saw today when he asked me how the holidays were going and I filled him in. ;)

      Fortunetly he did not get a good whack in and there was no blood lost!

      xx

      Delete
  3. Having raised four sons, yes, there are days like that. And one day you'll miss those days when the house is so quiet.

    Hugs
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your right, I will no doubt! Right now I need a good lie down mind you!

      haha!

      xx

      Delete
  4. Hi Emma. Avocado is definitely a SUPERfood because you can whip something up with it quick smart and be done without any guilt whatsoever:) Meg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh good Im glad we agree on that one! I felt vaugly guilty but it passed when I realized I didnt have to cook dinner.

      xx

      Delete
  5. Okay, I admit it, I laughed. But you know what...you just described my life lately. We're at the tail end of the school holidays and everyone has just about had enough of each other's company. To top it all off, this genius (me) decided that all four kids needed a spot of screen free time. So for four days this week Mon-Thurs we have been completely screen free. No computer, no gaming, no tv and honestly it was HARD. They fought, they whinged, they fought more, they bickered, they got under my feet and that was just the first day!!! But over the four days I could start to see that they were actually beginning to interact with each other so much better. There was actual times of everybody getting along, playing nicely...who would've thunk it!!
    So basically I just wanted to say...you are not alone. Sometimes this parenting gig sucks...but we'll get there I hope.
    Cassandra xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Emma having a cuppa with you and hearing how hard parenting can be. They grow up and have their own babies. Karma is rather wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can relate Emma. Some days are diamonds, other are glass, but they do pass either way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh dear, I remember days like these. Only mine were girls and fight they did! Now they are all grown up and best friends, although they have been known to still have the occasional tiff.

    In the blink of an eye Emma, they will be all grown up and you will wonder where that time went. I know I did. My oldest is 35 and youngest 21. My babies have grown and flown ~smiles

    Take care of yourself in these trying times. Kids will fight one minute and be friends the next! Its their job to rile their parents up lol!

    At least you can see the funny side to your life, that is a good thing.

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very close. So I hope it remains fighting and all!

      xx

      Delete
  9. Males and full moon - it is actually true.

    Anyway, I laughed and laughed at this post at your expense and completely lost it at the description of you going 'nuclear' . (Sorry!)

    This all seems 100% normal to me :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im glad it gave you a chuckle Mrhm. ;)

      The next day was polar opposite. Calm, preaceful, beautiful. Go figure!

      xx

      Delete
  10. hah! remember those days well, it's not fun & losing one's cool to the only good one at the end of it makes you feel it the rest of their lives! heat & humidity was the cause of it here, from memory. also being confined to indoors drove my lot insane & outings to friends & other places was good practice.
    well happier & peaceful days for you & the boys
    thanx for keeping it real :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is why being a Nanny is SOO great, you can choose when they come to stay, and when you give them back.
    Just ensuring it is not a FULL MOON when you have them to stay.
    I did chuckle tho!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm sorry, I did laugh through that, but ONLY because I feel your frustration! I had a sh*tty day this week too and even had my own tantrum!
    Here's hoping for more peaceful days ahead, only a couple more weeks before school is back!
    -Kelly B

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh this made me smile in sympathy! I still have those moments when sometimes they drive you around the bend, no matter how calm I attempt to be. Can't wait until my two have kids themselves haha!

    Much love, Ayesha xox

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for visiting me here in my little corner of the big wide web. I really appreciate your comments, and love to read each and every one of them. I will always endevour to reply, but occasionally I run out of time. But please know they mean alot to me! If something resonates with you feel free to "Like" and "share", its nice to know I'm not talking to myself. Ha!

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top