Slow and steady renovations.

We have had a few things that have stopped the renovations in the kitchen temporarily, which are all part of the cycle of life, we have been reminded of what's dear and precious.  These things have rightly taken priority.  I will most likely blog about it in the future no doubt, but for now we are picking up our tools and getting back to work.  

We are finally at the stage of putting the kitchen back togeather.  The ceiling is in, the bigger, new to us wood oven in place, (the old one was rusted out) the fireplace exposed, repaired and re-pointed, new wires ran, and plastering started.  There is still plenty of work to be done, but from this point forward it is all about putting things back togeather.  

Grants hoping to finish the plastering this week, ready to start painting on the weekend.  

Ceiling down.

Ceiling up.  Still needs flashing and flushing. 

Fireplace repaired, and we-pointed.  Still needs a final clean and the timber mantle put back on.  

Grants plastering around the beam is looking great.  The old jetty beam will remain exposed and in its natural state.  

Much love, 
Emma
Xx

12 comments

  1. That must be a great feeling Emma to have the ceiling up and the other work done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's surprising how much more solid a room feels when there is a ceiling in place.

      Xx

      Delete
  2. The renovations are starting to take shape Emma. Looks great!

    xTania

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's coming together. Wont be long now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The next couple of weeks are going to bring a lot of changes that's for sure. On the downhill now.

      Xx

      Delete
  4. Life always gets in the way. ;) But your renos look like they're progressing. I'm sure you will both be happy when you're smelling freshly baked goods, instead of dust in the kitchen. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I cannot express how exciting that thought is!
      Xx

      Delete
  5. Wow Emma, it's all happening at a fast pace. What are you feeding your tradie?? :) XX

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sally, I would love to say amazing home cooked foods. Some days we are doing great, but others are simply about survival at the moment. I feel an almighty health kick coming up once this kitchen is in. I feel bleugh. Xx

      Delete
  6. All good wishes for the reno to go ahead well and have you all back in the warm cosiness of the new kitchen, living area very soon.

    I can almost smell the home baked bread from here, and hear the plop plop of a hearty meal simmering away on the back of the cooker.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my what a lot of work. Your fire place is gorgeous. And, I love that you are leaving the beam exposed. Can't wait to see more😊 Also whatever life has thrown at you - blessings and keep well.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for visiting me here in my little corner of the big wide web. I really appreciate your comments, and love to read each and every one of them. I will always endevour to reply, but occasionally I run out of time. But please know they mean alot to me! If something resonates with you feel free to "Like" and "share", its nice to know I'm not talking to myself. Ha!

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top