Quilts and craftyness!


Thank you to everyone sending me well wishes, I'm still struggling to shake this flu and feeling rather flat and tired.   

I have however dragged the sewing machine to the kitchen table for the school holidays to potter away on projects while the boys are home and playing.  Its pretty fun, they come up and check out what I'm doing, remove pins and so forth for me before wondering away to resume their games.  And I get to sit and pretend Im being productive.  Excuse my round puffy face, my sinuses are blocked.  But in the aim of keeping it real - here is me, no make up on a home day.  The way these school holidays are shaping up there may well be a lot of those. 

I finished Henry's raggedy quilt for his birthday which I'm really pleased with, so cuddly.  I had just the right amount of woolen blanket as the wadding which was perfect.  In fact I had just the right amount of everything, which is always a pleasant surprise.   

I'm currently making a new Waldorf doll for him.  His was one I bought to test the workmanship against mine and the tricott was a much poorer quality.  He has a hole on his nose, so I decided it was time I make him one of my dolls, filled with my stitches and love.  It has always bothered me I didn't, then I scolded myself for being silly as someone else made it lovingly, but now I feel warm and fuzzy that I'm making a special doll just for him.  Does that paragraph make sense?  It does to me, but that's not always saying a lot!

Grant on the other hand thinks I'm completely nuts on my theory's about dolls and Henry knowing I didn't make it for him so he doesn't love it as much as the other boys love theirs.  But he is a good natured fellow and just lets me go, with only the occasional quizzically raised eyebrow.  

Bits and bobs are still happening around the cottage, The power has been up graded and a new box put out side.  We just installed a split system this morning which will be awesome.  We can finally package up the one in the window and pop it away for the extension.  I will get double the amount of light into the lounge and be able to open the window and let a breeze in again, Im SO excited especially with this flu, fresh air is best.

Well, Im going to try and have a nap to find some energy to start an assignment.

Much love,
Emma
xx

7 comments

  1. Oh, I love that your power point is half hanging out of the wall!! It makes me feel so much better about our on-going renovations. We had a light switch hanging down from the ceiling for months, thankfully out of reach of all the children, I think we only had three at that stage.
    Hope you feel better soon, it really sucks when the flu hangs around so long.
    Cassandra xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! It really id not as bad as it looks in the photo. It is secured and safe enough, just crooked as....well I don't know exactly why. Soon when we do the kitchen it will be fixed when we call in the electrician.

      Turns out my flu is bronchitis. So Im on antibiotics. Im almost relieved as I know it will soon end and that I was really sick not just struggling with an ordinary cold!

      xx

      Delete
  2. That quilt is just gorgeous! Little Henry is a very lucky boy to have such a creative Mamma. My two used to love sorting buttons and cottons for me. Both know how to use a machine and both know how to sew on buttons and sew up hems. My son is in the Airforce and has lots of bits that need to be attached to his various uniforms. Many of the insignias are now attached to the uniform via Velcro. The Velcro often needs to be replaced and he can do this himself. These simple, but oh so useful skill were learnt helping me, as your little fellows are helping you. Have a wonderful time together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou Jane, they are so cute when they sit next to me checking it all out. I hope they end up with some basic skills like your son!

      xx

      Delete
  3. Emma, I didn't realise you were unwell. I hope you feel better real soon. Your raggedy quilt turned out really well. I need to finish my grandson's before I head to Mt.Isa next month...not that he needs it as it is still 35C up there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gosh, thats hot for this time of year!

      What do you use as wadding in his quilt?

      xx

      Delete
  4. The quilt turned out great! Love your blog and look forward to having a good read.

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for visiting me here in my little corner of the big wide web. I really appreciate your comments, and love to read each and every one of them. I will always endevour to reply, but occasionally I run out of time. But please know they mean alot to me! If something resonates with you feel free to "Like" and "share", its nice to know I'm not talking to myself. Ha!

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top