Easter blessings!

To my dearest readers,

I hope you have had a lovely, safe, soul replenishing Easter.  This post is late, a reflection of the season of life we are in, life is full, and wonderful but there are only so many hours in the day and some things need to get put off to maintain cuddles and relaxation, at the moment it seems to be my blog and the vacuuming.....Ha!  And I have chosen blogging over vacuuming at this very moment also, so you all should know you have priority!  ;)

We have had a wonderful long weekend in Robe.  The boys have had all kinds of adventures!  Spending time at the beach, visiting the limestone caves, the sink hole at Mount Gambier, spending time with family, feeding sharks and giant fish.  It's just been lovely and I'm was not remotely ready to go home at the end of the weekend.  I do wish the weekend would have lasted for just ONE more day! 


To spend time togeather, away from the business, away from the house with a never ending list of jobs...my goodness it's a lovely treat.  

Visiting the Great Grandies, going through old photos and eating the entire isle of biscuits I reckon!  ;)

The old vintage van has not let us down, gosh I love spending time in her.  She suits us to a tee!













We have eaten well, all our meals made in the van.  Nothing fancy but simple and easy.  I think we splashed out one one coffee and that was about it!  Normally on holidays we buy a bit take away as a treat which of course adds up.  It's been great to see how our habits and belts have tightened since last Easter in that regard!  Needless to say we all felt better for it.















One thing I noticed was how much easier parenting was.  The boys spent most of their time with the other kids playing when we were at the park.  They were distracted and happy, they slept well at night due to being so physically tired.  They came for meals, cuddles and chats and then went off and did their own thing.  I wondered is this what parenting used to be like?



Like back in the "good old days"  Which I know wern't necessarily the good old days as child mortality rate and life long injury was much higher due to a higher incidence of serious childhood accidents, I have seen some shocking statistics of then vs now.  Though many escaped unscathed, many didn't which is important to remember when looking back in reflection.


But that aside, as a parent, I was relaxed.  I was not drained at the end of the day.  Tired but emotionally there was some left in my tank.  I think it is because the kids had more freedom, they were not under my feet, they had enough freedom in their days that they didn't feel the need to battle me.

We have always encouraged the boys to spend lots of time free playing outside, as we get this yard into shape bit by bit they are naturally heading out more and more.  Its been difficult seeing as there are some safety issues we are working through regarding fencing, building materials and demolition.  

Anyway I hope you have had a wonderful weekend and that you have another one seeing as we are already at the end of a short week!

Much love,
Emma
xx


10 comments

  1. So much fun! We used to pack a set of stumps, cricket bat and tennis ball when we went camping with the kids. It was a kid magnet. Add a watermelon cut up and every child in whatever campground we were in was near us. So much fun and so many wonderful memories. Who cares about vacuuming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We packed scooters for the boys, It was lovely. Nothing beats it really does it? Knowing you can get away on very little money and have a great time! :)

      We are hoping to get away for a weekend every month, even if only for a night. Most likly once we have done the kitchen and the second bedroom which we are almost about to start. Just a few more outside jobs then we will do a big renovating push. I reckon we will need a few weekends away after that! ;)

      xx

      Delete
  2. Glad you are recharging your batteries, Emma. When we were kids we were always busy outside. My brothers would be down at the creek catching something or other. I was always playing sport and we didn't sit around the house much at all now I come to think about it. It was a different era and I think that, in general, as children we were safer but of course, as we now know, not every child was safe. Have fun before you head home once again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chel, Yes I have great memories of yabbying in little creeks and all sorts of stuff also, was great fun! :)

      xx

      Delete
  3. Looks like you had a blast and have come out refreshed and ready to take on the world. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. we did thankyou!

      Im not sure about ready to take on the world but certainly ready to get stuck into the next stage of renovations! ;)

      I hope your easter was lovely too.
      xx

      Delete
  4. I love your caravan Emma. We also have an oldie that suits us perfectly. Was invited to look inside a new-ish one parked along from us last w'end, but to me, it was soul-less. No thanks! The wonderful memories being created for your boys are priceless. Good luck with the next renno push. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, a few more weeks of straightening up outside and grant needs to set up his woodroach's to prepare them for winter then comes the big push, I'm SO excited about having the next stage done. The boys will be in their own room! I will have a logical kitchen! ;)
      xx

      Delete
  5. I've often wondered that exact thing about parenting in the past! And also the likelihood that there were more family close by to keep watch over the kids, too, so I think it really is more draining for us in these times. I've had several people lately who (when visiting our home) commented how our kids aren't "playing iPad" or other such things, but that they seem happy playing with each other and their toys - almost as if it was an anomaly or something. I thought it so strange, but I don't get out much either ;-)

    Happy Easter to you!
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! I hear you, I find my boys play better the less they watch screens or whatever too. And I am not a fan of ipads, I have one myself, which the boys are occasionally allowed to use but I swear it stresses out their little brains and they play up as a result so it is a rare treat. I save it for a distraction for unpleasent times. Post surgery last year I could justify it as a useful tool. ;) That aside its more of a hassle then its worth I find to be honest!

      I like listening to the kids play and potter about. They say the funniest things!

      xx

      Delete

Thankyou so much for visiting me here in my little corner of the big wide web. I really appreciate your comments, and love to read each and every one of them. I will always endevour to reply, but occasionally I run out of time. But please know they mean alot to me! If something resonates with you feel free to "Like" and "share", its nice to know I'm not talking to myself. Ha!

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top