Our week!

Mornings are often far too early for my liking here.  I have an early bird, who no matter what time he is put to bed is up at the crack of dawn.  It must be the way he is built! 


Picnics are something we don't do enough of.  We often go for a bushwalk but don't stop for an actual picnic.  We went to our national park and discovered kids had been busy building huts! 



So we had our picnic inside which the kids loved.  Home made bread, Aussie ham off the bone and fresh chocolate cake were on the menu.


I always make soup for lunch during the week.  Healthy, cheap and instant food which is packed full of goodness.  Finished with herbs from the garden makes it so satisfying.


And making chicken broth for the unwell boys in my house.  Grant is still battling his bug but getting better slowly and little Henry has a virus too.  He has had a wheezy, tight chest and despite dealing with serious asthma in my eldest for many years, moderate asthma in my middle boy, and being a nurse by trade little ones with tight chests make me extremely worried.  Fortunetly he seems to be on the mend.  

Every time the boys get sick, especially asthma I am reminded how lucky we are to live in this amazing country with modern medicine that helps open their small, sensitive airways.  It is certainly something to give thanks for!

And I have been sewing Gussy's birthday pressie at night this week too.  It's nearly finished now. Here is his head. It's 'Toothless' from 'how to train your dragon.'  I should finish him tonight and will post a picture next week.  Along with the post about our lined out shed.  I didn't get a chance this week.  

Hope everyone has a relaxing and safe long weekend.  We are looking forward to catching up with family and friends and also a bit of rest in there too.  

Xx

8 comments

  1. awww wow nature cubby! awesome! can't wait to see your toothless
    hope your boys get well soon
    have a great weekend too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, he turned out really cool. I'm pretty chuffed with him!

      I might do a post either today or tomorrow with him in, I photographed hi last night but the lighting was bad. Black is difficult to photograph well at night!

      xx

      Delete
  2. How nice to have a picnic, Emma. That brings back memories. My daughter has a little somebody who gets up early every morning too regardless of bed time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is such a cutie though Chel and a snuggle pot that part of me loves feeling his little warm, chubby body crawl into bed next to me. ;) He layes in quietly, usually. Once upon a time he would sneak in the middle of the night and neither Grant nor I would even notice he had come in. I'm a pretty light sleeper so that's saying something! xx

      Delete
  3. My little guy is an early riser, too! I'm so NOT one, but he is so happy and loving in those wee morning hours that I actually enjoy seeing the sun rise with him (most of the time :)
    -Jaime

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angus is happy in the morning too. It's a nice time of day. I too enjoy it once I am up. I have been thinking over the last couple of weeks that I'm going to try and get into an early morning ritual....I will have to go to bed earlier. I want to be up, and have my morning coffee in relative peace, to think about my day and collect my thoughts without the craziness of family in my face. Perhaps potter in the garden....hmmm I lack discipline when it comes to mornings though! ;)

      xx

      Delete
  4. Hi, Emma! Is it a slow cooker you do soups in? Thank you so much for doing posts on toys, very grateful you did, enjoyed reading it. Actually I have realised that situation in our home is not that bad (it helps to compare!) I was just visiting someone the other week and their house is totally covered with plastic toys. Jumping on the next topic, I was thinking how much laundry I do every week (seems like my washing machine is going non-stop), I do 1-3 loads a day/night, and it scares me. I wonder how do you minimise your laundry. You also have nappies, and small children, I wonder how often your washing machine is on? And do you have any fail proof strategies to reduce the amount that goes inside the washing machine? I would really appreciate your thoughts on this! Many many thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aghh! google keeps eating my response to you!!

    Ill write a washing post soon, let me have a think and a watch of how I do things. :)

    And I have both a slow cooker and pressure cooker. A pressure cooker is great for quick and easy meals and the slow cooker is great when Im going to be out and about all day as I can prep it, put it in and come home to a hot meal. I do my stocks in the slow cooker as I prefer them that way. I feel it gives a deeper, fuller flavour.

    xx

    ReplyDelete

Thankyou so much for visiting me here in my little corner of the big wide web. I really appreciate your comments, and love to read each and every one of them. I will always endevour to reply, but occasionally I run out of time. But please know they mean alot to me! If something resonates with you feel free to "Like" and "share", its nice to know I'm not talking to myself. Ha!

Powered by Blogger.
Back to Top