Weekend Reads

Winter has well and truly settled in and we often wake up to a heavy fog which has blanketed our valley.  The mornings are beautiful here.  Once the kids are off to school grab my camera, let the dogs out for a good run while I go for a walk to collect kindling for the fire.     

  


Can you spot Bear in the picture?  Down near the creek.  

Here are a few shots from my morning.  How was yours?  Do you have any plans for your weekend?  

Much love,
Emma
xx

Sashiko Inspired Denim Mending
I love this mending style, though I am yet to try it as I don't tend to wear jeans these days.  I need to hit the op-shop.  This is a quick fun clip.

You Tube: Mending the crotch in jeans
This is a great, more detailed tutorial on Sashiko inspired mending.

No sidebar: Simple living quotes
Some people find little quotes, reminders, and catchphrases helpful, here is a nice little list if that's your thing.  I think some could make a cool embroidery project, or perhaps printing them on some nice paper and framing them in your home where they will remind you of the life you want to lead. 

Pip Magazine Podcast
A dear friend put me onto this podcast recently and I'm hooked!  I especially loved the episodes about sustainable fashion and dreaming of a house cow - watch this space! 

Becoming Minimalist: Our money is only as valuable as what we spend it on.
I loved this article from Joshua Becker. 


Powered by Blogger.