I'm here because of you

On Sunday I shared a post that was flatter and more vulnerable than usual. Once I wrote it, I debated if I should hit publish. There is a sense of shame in talking about financial difficulty. But the reality is that due to global events, the last couple of years have not been normal. The ripple effect from that reaches far and wide. Not just for my family, but for many, many people. I hesitated about whether I should put up a PayPal link for those that wanted to contribute financially to the writing I do here. I know there are those doing it harder in the world, and there are certainly those who write more eloquently then me. 

This morning Henry made me a gorgeous rainbow heart. He melts my heart with his kindness and thoughtfulness. 

But, I decided to bite the bullet after encouragement from Grant and a dear friend to share the hard things. The things I hadn't quite finished processing, and I'm glad I did. 

My pms were inundated with lovely messages from you encouraging our family not only financially, but also by sharing your own stories of how you had found encouragement for your own life here. My heart is overflowing with warmth, care and appreciation for all of you. The truth is, if it wasn't for you I wouldn't still be writing. Your stories matter to me.  

Today I woke with a renewed sense of purpose here on the farm and on the blog. I was astounded by people's generosity. Your response has been far more than I ever considered it would be. When I put my PayPal link up I thought a few readers might want to send a few dollars, just like you might pay for a newspaper or a magazine. Over time I thought those small contributions could help with the occasional running costs that pop up with things with YouTube/blogging etc. Instead, our family has been blessed with overwhelming generosity. This community has brought tears to my eyes with its kindness, both big and small. 

We are not 100% here with covid in our house so this post is brief. I just wanted to say thank you everyone. Thank you for caring and thankyou for sharing your stories. I am more grateful for you all then you could ever know. 

Sending much love to you all,
Emma
Xx


Powered by Blogger.