And then there were four

I have not been here quite as much as usual over the past couple of months, and here is the reason why.  Introducing our littlest bean who has been taking up more than his/her fair share of my energy!    
Ultrasound at 12 weeks and 3 days

All is going well and I am now 14 weeks pregnant.  I'm feeling great and this baby is oh so loved and wanted already. There is a 6-year gap between Henry and this little one, which is bigger then we intended but sometimes life is simply like that.  Firstly we were living among major renovations, then I struggled with chronic heart problems that for 18 months, (fully resolved now) and then I struggled with miscarriage and sadly lost two sweet babies.

We are hopeful this little one will arrive safe and sound at the end of February next year.

You might be wondering where we will all fit in the yurt?  Well, Grant is starting on the internal walls next week, from there he will build the mezzanine where the boys will have their rooms.  Will in one half, the little boys will share the other half.  Downstairs we will have a master bedroom and a small home office sectioned off.  The baby will be in with Grant and I.  Babies really take up very little room, although the baby/child industry would like us to believe differently.  A small chest of draws for bedding/clothing, a safe place to sleep, a safe car seat and something to snuggle is really all they need, along with plenty of love and nourishment.  I still have my MCN cloth nappies, a few special rugs, my woven wraps for babywearing and I can easily source the rest of what I need secondhand for very little cost and often in as new condition.

I'll be making baby a flannel raggedy quilt as I have for all the boys, a wool felt mobile and a two Waldorf dolls.  A simple soft-bodied cotton valour doll and a firmly stuffed traditional doll.  And honestly?  That will be about it.  This baby will have brothers, blocks, books, cats, chooks and dogs to play with, as well as the most magical back yard a child could ever dream of.

In the past, I have fallen for the hype surrounding what a baby needs, through experience I realize now they need very little and I wasted money and time on unnecessary stuff.  Buying second hand has never been easier with the development of Facebook market place and Gumtree.

The boys are excited about the idea of a new little brother and sister.  William is hoping for a sister, Angus reckons another little brother or sister will be annoying but looks pretty pleased about the prospect and Henry thinks the whole idea of adding another person to our family is absolutely hilarious.

Much love,
Emma
xx
Powered by Blogger.