A wonderful farm visit!

Well school is well and truly back, and already I ache for the free unstructured days of the holidays! 

This post has been a little while coming.  I have been so enjoying our time off and I have been making a far more conscious effort about being fully present in each beautiful moment that comes our way.  So much so my photography, which has never been my strongest point has slipped!  I completly forgot my good camera so excuse the phone photos.   

In the last week of the school holidays we were so lucky to be able to catch up with Sally from Jembella Farm.  It was one of those mornings I just wanted to saviour.  The boys were in their elemant.  They loved every second, so did I.  As I walked around I dreamed of our "one day" farm.  I may have said a silent prayer or three that our shop would hurry up and sell so we could get on and DO it.


Watering the pigs.  Good looking happy animals, completly able to carry out their natural behaviours. 

When we arrived, Sally has left a few little jobs so the boys were able to help with a few simple morning chores.  There was cows to feed, pigs to water, chickens to check on, bees to examine and the most beautiful mulberries to pick, much to Grant's delight when he came home that night! 

Checking on the geese.

It was a truly beautiful morning.  Wonderful company, and so special for the boys.  A morning they have talked about so much since.  I do believe this is going to be one of those things they remember in life.

Who needs a cup when your thirsty?

They were facinated by the old farm house.  William especially loved it, that kid is going to be a picker I reckon!  He adored Sally's old farmhouse, and all the intereting things on display.  He loves a story that kid, and old things that have a story behind them.   

Meg the farm dog was on patrol, it was a warm morning and so she took a dip in the trough, much to the boys complete delight! 

Picking mulberries, sooo good!  Eating them warm and juicy straight off the tree.

We really did have the most marvelous morning.  This morning gave me hope, and reminded me of all we are working for.  The warmth and contentedness that crept upon my heart, seeing the boys on a farm similar to what we want to do, will sit with me along time.  A beautiful morning. 

Thankyou dear Sally.  I am so very glad this strange blogging world has brought us togeather and we can be come friends through it. 

Much love,
Emma
xx

Powered by Blogger.