sewing and fashion.

I decided on the name "Blossom"  for my rainbow inspired waldorf doll!

She is up and ready to go to a new home!  <3

Etsy: Louie's Little dolls. "Blossom"



I can't believe how big our littlest man is getting.  We packed up Henry's cot on the weekend and he is now in a bed!  It's an extendable bed which will grow with him.  It means we can make the most of the space in his little room for now.  We are entering into a new season of life in our family.  I'm not sure if there will be any more babies to be honest.  But I'd be sad to think our baby days are over.....maby just one more?..... ;)

Henry was pretty happy with it!  Great Granny crocheted his blanket.  He has always liked textured blankets even when he was tiny.  


I'm going to make him a raggedy quilt for his big bed as his birthday is in April.  As well as some wall hangings like I did for Gus for his wall.  I found some gorgeous vintage inspired fabric and now I'm on the hunt for some fabric I can tie in with it.  I'm thinking something boat inspired?  I might do a simple yacht stitchery in one of the hoops. 

I'm completely and utterly loving sewing at the moment.  It's fills me with peace and delight.  I have never had a special space for it before all set up and it's just so enjoyable.  

I have decided to take a leap and I'm currently working on a dress for myself.  It will be lovely for autumn with leggings and ankle boots.  


Its funny how in the process of simplifying my life, my wardrobe has also simplified.  Its like I have worked out my own real style that suits me, which I guess comes with me knowing who I am and what I value in my heart of hearts.  I love natural fibers, lose fitting dresses with generous pockets to keep my bits and bobs in and high waisted leggings that keep me feeling nice and secure. (I told you I'm a Nanna!) I need to be comfortable, I have no patience for clothes that are not breathable, soft and comfortable.  They need to be able to accommodate for playing with children and having quiet snuggles.  There are not many clothes I love in the shops.  I can find tops but Im hoping this dress pattern will be one I make many times over with a few variations for summer and winter.  I don't have much need for up to date fashion, make up or fancy hair styles but I still want to look nice and natural you know?  I guess I feel like my style is a little earthy, a little quirky but simple.  Nothing fussy.  I don't do fussy!  

I hope your having a relaxing week so far! 

Xx

  






Powered by Blogger.